Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon July 15, 2013
Is This The Worst Ceremonial First Pitch In History?
Originally published on Mon July 15, 2013 8:52 am
Back in May of 2009, Howard Stern called his producer's ceremonial first pitch at a Mets game "the most embarrasing ceremonial first pitch in baseball history."
And, yeah, Gary "Baba Booey" Dell'Abate's pitch was pretty terrible. (It hit the ump!) But his reign may have come to an end yesterday, when 27-year-old pop star Carly Rae Jepsen essentially rolled a pitch way off the plate at the beginning of a Tampa Bay Rays game.
We won't say more. Instead, here are three videos that showcase the bad and the ugly. You tell us: Who owns the worst ceremonial first pitch in baseball history?
Baba Booey's pitch:
A compilation, including Mariah Carey's pitch: