Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Drought: Tulare County Is “Blazing The Trail For The Rest Of California”
- Despite Smart & Final Setback, Swearengin Says Blackstone Vision Remains Sound
- An Average Of 15,000 Fresno Homes Breaking Lawn Water Rules
- Fresno's Anti-Blight Ordinance Passes First Test
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 27, 2013
Woman In Kenya To Marry 2 Men
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Polygamy is fairly common in Kenya, but one forthcoming marriage is turning that custom on its head. A Kenyan woman, not wanting to choose between the two men she loves, decided to marry both of them. The men have agreed, and the trio even signed a contract to, quote, "set boundaries and keep the peace."
As one of the men said of his soon-to-be-wife, she is the referee. She can say whether she wants me or my colleague. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.