Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu August 2, 2012
Will You Marry Me? Wait, Where Are You?
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A man from Great Falls, Montana made all the right moves. He took his girlfriend to a Cubs game in Chicago. He arranged to flash a message on the stadium's giant screen: Erica, will you marry me? But bear in mind the Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. When the message came up on the screen, Erica was away in the beer line. When she returned, he just had to face her and ask the old fashioned way, and she said yes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.