Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Earlimart Pesticide Warrior Honored For Advocacy
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu August 2, 2012
Will You Marry Me? Wait, Where Are You?
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A man from Great Falls, Montana made all the right moves. He took his girlfriend to a Cubs game in Chicago. He arranged to flash a message on the stadium's giant screen: Erica, will you marry me? But bear in mind the Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. When the message came up on the screen, Erica was away in the beer line. When she returned, he just had to face her and ask the old fashioned way, and she said yes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.