Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 24, 2014
Where Are We On The Housing Market?
The Commerce Department is reporting that new home sales soared in May to their highest level since the financial market crisis six years ago. That follows a report yesterday that sales of existing homes also rose sharply last month.
But even with the gains, sales of both new and existing homes are running well below what economists consider healthy. So where are we on the housing market?
Chris Low, chief economist at FTN Financial joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss the housing market.