Most Active Stories
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- California Fire Camps Key To Reducing Prison Overcrowding
- Fresno Composer Fuses Classical, Mariachi, To Bring Music To Kids
- New Study Gives Snapshot of Realignment Results
- Eight Things That Have Changed Since the Last Time Fresno State Had A New President
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed December 26, 2012
When The Holiday Season Is Transformed By Loss
Originally published on Wed December 26, 2012 11:54 am
Alcestis 'Cooky' Oberg lost her father-in-law unexpectedly on Christmas Day in 1982. For the first few years, it meant that Christmas was a somber time. Oberg, a contributor to USA Today, talks about how the mood of the holidays evolved for her family over time.