Most Active Stories
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- In California, Researchers Uncertain If Drought Will Increase Valley Fever Risk
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon December 23, 2013
Weird Stories Make The News In 2013
Originally published on Mon December 23, 2013 5:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
So, the news got weird in 2013. Here's a roundup of off-beat stories from United Press International: Germany dropped the longest word in its language, all 63 letters. Maker's Mark had plans to lower the alcohol content in its whiskey. Angry customers talked them out of it. A Canadian dentist bought John Lennon's tooth at auction, hoping to use it to clone the Beatle. And Denny's opened a wedding chapel in Vegas. The wedding package comes with a cake made with pancake mix.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.