Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed April 17, 2013
WATCH: Obama Says It's A 'Pretty Shameful Day In Washington'
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 3:44 pm
President Obama ditched his usual diplomacy and accused Republican senators of putting politics ahead of the wants of the American people, when they voted to reject a bipartisan measure that would have expanded federal background checks for firearm purchases.
"All in all, this is a pretty shameful day in Washington," Obama said.
We've already written about the news. But, via The New York Times, here is video of Obama's speech, which he gave flanked by victims of gun violence, including the parents of a child killed in Newtown and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.