Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- California, Is It Time To Wave Goodbye To Your Front Lawn?
- Almond Milk Sales Skyrocket, But How Healthy Is It?
- Drought: Fresno County Lettuce Crop Cut In Half
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri June 6, 2014
Walmart Workers Air Grievances At Annual Meeting
Walmart’s annual meeting today is a star-studded affair, but the company’s new CEO Doug McMillon has a big challenge on his hands.
The giant retailer faces increased scrutiny amid allegations of bribery in Mexico, lack of oversight in Bangladesh factories, and growing criticism about low wages and benefits, and high compensation for its executives.
Bob Moon of Bloomberg Radio tells Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson that this comes as Walmart is seeing declining sales for five consecutive quarters.
- Bob Moon, reporter for Bloomberg Radio.