Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 26, 2013
Wal-Mart's New CEO Is An Insider
Originally published on Thu December 4, 2014 5:57 am
Wal-Mart’s new choice to lead the company is longtime Wal-Mart executive Doug McMillon.
He started working at the world’s largest retailer as a summer associate in 1984 and returned in 1990, working his way up the ranks.
McMillon will face a number of challenges, including sluggish growth and accusations that Wal-Mart underpays its workers.
The Wall Street Journal’s Jason Bellini joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss McMillon and the challenges he’s facing.