Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Porterville Developmental Center Beating Highlights Accountability Failures
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed December 5, 2012
VIDEO: No Stupid Pet Trick; In New Zealand, Some Dogs Learn To Drive
We have to admit we were skeptical.
And we wouldn't want to look over in traffic and see Fido cruising by.
But the stories from New Zealand about how the SPCA there is teaching three dogs to drive (sort-of) have some must-see video. Check out what Monty, Ginny and Porter are learning to do. They've learned to respond to some verbal commands that allow them to move a Mini Countryman around a bit.
The point of the lessons, according to The New Zealand Herald, is to show that rescue dogs "are just as intelligent as any other pet."