Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- California Lawmakers Consider Medical Interpreters Program For Second Time
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue December 17, 2013
On Valley Edition: Sup. Henry Perea; Fraud In Drug & Alcohol Programs; 'The New California Wine’
This week on Valley Edition we discuss issues in Central California with Fresno County Supervisor Henry Perea, talk California wine with Jon Bonné and more.
Starting off the program, Moore speaks with Supervisor Perea about a range of topics in the region including public safety, planning and budget issues.
Later in the program, Moore speaks with the Center for Investigative Reporting reporter Will Evans about a collaborative effort with CNN to expose fraud in California’s taxpayer-funded drug and alcohol counseling program.
Ending the program, Moore speaks with San Francisco Chronicle Wine Editor Jon Bonne about his latest book ‘The New California Wine.’ The two discuss everything from growing up in a wine oriented family, the state of California wine compared to other global regions and the success of the Central California wine industry.