Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
- Restorative Justice Earns Passing Grade in Le Grand
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue December 17, 2013
On Valley Edition: Sup. Henry Perea; Fraud In Drug & Alcohol Programs; 'The New California Wine’
This week on Valley Edition we discuss issues in Central California with Fresno County Supervisor Henry Perea, talk California wine with Jon Bonné and more.
Starting off the program, Moore speaks with Supervisor Perea about a range of topics in the region including public safety, planning and budget issues.
Later in the program, Moore speaks with the Center for Investigative Reporting reporter Will Evans about a collaborative effort with CNN to expose fraud in California’s taxpayer-funded drug and alcohol counseling program.
Ending the program, Moore speaks with San Francisco Chronicle Wine Editor Jon Bonne about his latest book ‘The New California Wine.’ The two discuss everything from growing up in a wine oriented family, the state of California wine compared to other global regions and the success of the Central California wine industry.