Most Active Stories
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue October 30, 2012
On Valley Edition: Social Impact Bond; Measure O in Fresno County; Pomegranate Festival
This week on Valley Edition, we hear a report about a group that plans to launch the nation's first social impact bond in the health care sector, targeting asthma prevention in Fresno. We'll also close our series of reports on the propositions before voters on the November ballot. We talk with criminal defense attorney Garrick Byers about Propositions 34 and 36. Fresno County Supervisor Debbie Poochigian joins us to talk about Measure O, a measure that would make it easier for the Board of Supervisors to outsource certain jobs, including the public defender's office. And finally, we talk with KC Pomering of the Pomegranate Festival taking place this weekend in Madera.
Government & Politics