Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 24, 2014
Valley Edition June 24: Ken Rudin; Kayaking The San Joaquin; 59 Days Of Code
This week on Valley Edition we take a trip down the San Joaquin River with John D. Sutter of CNN. He's attempting to kayak from Fresno to San Francisco as part of a reporting project on the river that has been called the "most endangered" in the nation.
We also talk with public radio "Political Junkie" Ken Rudin about the remarkable rise of Bakersfield's Kevin McCarthy, who last week was named the next majority leader of the U.S. House of Representatives. Jake Soberal of the 59 Days of Code computer programming competition also joins us to talk about the San Joaquin Valley's technology community.
Government & Politics
Business & Economy