Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue October 23, 2012
On Valley Edition: Jerry Brown; Proposition Talk; Fresno Environmental Reporting Network
On this Valley Edition, we hear Governor Jerry Brown talk about his ballot measure Proposition 30 in an interview with Ben Adler. We also examine Propositions 36, 37 and 38 with a series of special reports, and talk with retired Justice James Ardaiz and get his thoughts on efforts to make changes to California's "Three Strikes" law and to abolish the death penalty.
Also on this program we talk with Sarah Aird of the group Californians for Pesticide Reform. The organization last week launched a new project in Fresno called the Fresno Environmental Reporting Network (or F.E.R.N.). The project provides residents an easy way to report illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, flooding, dust and odors in their communities, as a way of fighting air and water pollution.
Government & Politics