Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue September 13, 2011
On Valley Edition: Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer; Fresno Grand Opera
This week on Valley Edition, we feature an in-depth interview with newly un-retired Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer. We talk talk about the Fresno Grand Opera's upcoming season.
Segment 1: Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer
In late June, Jerry Dyer announced his retirement as Chief of Police for the City of Fresno, a job he's held for 10 years. On this week's Valley Edition, Juanita Stevenson talks with Chief Dyer about his three decades in law enforcement, the impact of budget cuts on the force, politics, and his personal plans after he hands over command to a new chief.
Segment 2: Fresno Grand Opera
Ron Eichman and Thi Nguyen of the Fresno Grand Opera join host Juanita Stevenson in this week's "Around Town" segment to talk about the company's upcoming season, which features a performance by former Fresno resident and current Broadway star Audra McDonald, Friday October 14.