Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue September 25, 2012
On Valley Edition: Dueling Tax Measures, Scholarships for FUSD students
Today on Valley Edition we look at the competing tax measures on the November ballot, Propositions 30 and 38. Both promise to protect funding for schools but critics have questioned both, and some political observers have said that the presence of both on the ballot could mean neither will pass. We also talk with a Fresno couple who donated $1 million to fund scholarships for students at Fresno's Tehipite Middle School. And we also learn more about plans for a walk and series of events to raise awareness about asthma in the Central Valley.