Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
- Fresno Woman Helps Fellow Homeless Veterans Reclaim Their Lives
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 30, 2013
On Valley Edition: California Politics; Aspen Fire; Transportation; Affordable Care Act; Bluegrass
This week on Valley Edition we take a look at the current state and future of California politics. Will Governor Jerry Brown run for another term? Fresno State political science professors Thomas Holyoke and Jeffrey Cummins give their analysis.
Closing the first segment Gina Clugston, with Sierra News Online in North Fork, brings listeners an update on the Aspen Fire, which has burned over 10,000 acres of forest in the Sierra Nevada.
Also on the program, Valley Edition host Joe Moore speaks with Emily Bazar, a senior writer for the California HealthCare Foundation Center for Health Reporting, about the Affordable Care Act and how it will be implemented. Ending the show Stan Allen, with Blue Grass in the Park, talks about the weekly, summer-long event in Clovis.
Health Care Reform