Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 6, 2013
On Valley Edition: AMOR; The Economist; Downtown Photo Walk
This week on Valley Edition we take a look a look at a few issues and organizations that are impacting the region. Host Joe Moore speaks with Davena Witcher, development director for American Medical Overseas Relief (AMOR), about the organizations medical work in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Later in the program Moore speaks with Tom Nuttall, U.S. West Coast Correspondent for The Economist, about an article Nuttall wrote analyzing the San Joaquin Valley. The two talk high speed rail, poverty and more.
Ending the show, Linda Cano, executive director of the Fresno Art Museum, speaks with Moore about the Downtown Visions Photowalk to be held on August 10 at 6 p.m. Photographers and videographers of all skill levels, and artists working in other media, are invited to bring their cameras or sketchpads for a walking photography outing and tour of the downtown Fulton Mall.
Business & Economy