Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 6, 2013
On Valley Edition: AMOR; The Economist; Downtown Photo Walk
This week on Valley Edition we take a look a look at a few issues and organizations that are impacting the region. Host Joe Moore speaks with Davena Witcher, development director for American Medical Overseas Relief (AMOR), about the organizations medical work in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Later in the program Moore speaks with Tom Nuttall, U.S. West Coast Correspondent for The Economist, about an article Nuttall wrote analyzing the San Joaquin Valley. The two talk high speed rail, poverty and more.
Ending the show, Linda Cano, executive director of the Fresno Art Museum, speaks with Moore about the Downtown Visions Photowalk to be held on August 10 at 6 p.m. Photographers and videographers of all skill levels, and artists working in other media, are invited to bring their cameras or sketchpads for a walking photography outing and tour of the downtown Fulton Mall.
Business & Economy