Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Arts & Culture
Tue August 2, 2011
Valley Bookstores Adapt to New Era
For some, the closing of Borders bookstores seemed to signal another nail in the coffin for book lovers. Another reminder of the fragile state of an industry being taken over by technology, e-readers and Amazon.com. But in Fresno and other San Joaquin Valley towns, some independent bookstores are not only doing okay, some are actually thriving. Valley Public Radio's Juanita Stevenson reports.