Most Active Stories
- New Google Tool Shows Remarkable Timelapse of Fresno Growth Since 1984
- Paso Robles Winemaker Battles Valley Fever
- New Approach To Classroom Discipline Pays Off at Fresno's Yosemite Middle School
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- Cases Of Mysterious Valley Fever Rise In American Southwest
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed August 1, 2012
Utah Town, Pop. 2 Llamas, For Sale: $3.9 Million
Originally published on Thu August 2, 2012 4:31 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This might test the strength of the real estate recovery. A town is for sale - Woodside, a ghost town, a former railroad stop outside Salt Lake City. For $3.9 million you could own a dead gold mine, a geyser, and old buildings. The town is said to be near a former hideout of Butch Cassidy's gang, not the actual hideout, but near it. The buyer even gets the town's two current residents - a pair of free-range llamas. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.