Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri July 26, 2013
Uncovering the Mystery of J.K. Rowling's Latest Novel
One of the biggest mysteries of the new detective novel The Cuckoo's Calling was the identity of the author. It was written by Robert Galbraith, which was revealed to be the pseudonym of Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling. Patrick Juola, professor of computer science at Duquesne University, discusses how he used computerized text analysis to uncover the mystery.