Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri July 26, 2013
Uncovering the Mystery of J.K. Rowling's Latest Novel
One of the biggest mysteries of the new detective novel The Cuckoo's Calling was the identity of the author. It was written by Robert Galbraith, which was revealed to be the pseudonym of Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling. Patrick Juola, professor of computer science at Duquesne University, discusses how he used computerized text analysis to uncover the mystery.