Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed August 21, 2013
UN Investigating Alleged Chemical Attacks In Syria
Originally published on Tue September 10, 2013 9:05 am
Syrian activists allege that Syrian President Bashar al Assad’s regime used chemical weapons against rebels today, killing hundreds of civilians.
The allegations come just after United Nations chemical weapons experts arrived in the country to investigate earlier alleged uses of these weapons.
Amy Smithson of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies, explains what the UN team will be looking for and the challenges they face in determining chemical weapons use.
- Amy Smithson, senior fellow at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies.