Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon August 19, 2013
UK Gets Century-Old Revenge At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 1:36 pm
In a way, the victory by 18-year-old Matt Fitzpatrick makes up for what happened on the very same golf course in 1913, when a young American named Francis Quiment defeated the two top British professionals of the day, Ted Ray and Harry Vardon, to win the U.S. Open.
After his win at the 36-hole final match yesterday, Fitzpatrick said “it’s great to go down in history.”
Here & Now’s Alex Ashlock was on the course for yesterday’s championship.
- Alex Ashlock, producer for Here & Now and director of the show.