Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri August 10, 2012
Treats For The Troops In Denver, Colo.
Originally published on Tue August 14, 2012 9:59 am
Over the past several years, Lainey Hamrick and the volunteers at Colorado Supporting Our Troops have sent hundreds of care packages to members of the military in Afghanistan, Iraq and bases all over the world. In December, the group shipped 160 boxes of goodies overseas.
The boxes contain everything from lip balm to licorice, from sunflower seeds to unscented skincare products. She does this with her own money and with help from other caring citizens in Colorado. She is so dedicated to this cause and does it without any hesitation.
Ed Gruben is the chief financial officer of an apparel company and a CSOT volunteer. He listens to KVOD.