Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu September 20, 2012
Is 'Tough On Crime' No Longer A Talking Point?
Originally published on Thu September 20, 2012 11:21 am
There's a growing bipartisan consensus that criminal justice policy needs to change, because of the costs and social consequences of keeping more than 2 million Americans behind bars. Host Michel Martin discusses the parties' platforms on criminal justice with the Sentencing Project's Marc Mauer and Marc Levin of the group Right On Crime.