Most Active Stories
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- California Fire Camps Key To Reducing Prison Overcrowding
- Fresno Composer Fuses Classical, Mariachi, To Bring Music To Kids
- New Study Gives Snapshot of Realignment Results
- Eight Things That Have Changed Since the Last Time Fresno State Had A New President
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu August 9, 2012
Thanks For Nothing, Stephen: Colbert Spoils The Wiki Veep Indicator
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 9:11 am
Well, tracking changes to prominent politicians' Wikipedia pages had been one way of trying to get advance notice of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick.
But then Stephen Colbert just had to tell his Nation to start messing around with some of those veep possibilities' Wiki pages.
So now Wikipedia has protected pages such as those for Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty out of fear of "vandalism."
Thanks, Stephen. Now what will bloggers do? Report?
Update at 12:10 p.m. ET, Aug. 10. Romney's Page Too:
As the BBC points out, Wikipedia has had to lock down Romney's page as well.