Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed July 25, 2012
Survey Shows Londoners Are A Crabby Bunch
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 5:12 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Londoners may be crabbing about tourists and traffic of Olympic proportions, but they were already the most stressed out bunch in the country. That's according to a new government survey on life satisfaction. Statistically the most joyful Brit would be a married professional, healthy, 65 and residing in the Scottish Isles, prompting one unhappy opposition leader to call the survey, quote, "a waste of taxpayer money on the bleeding obvious." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.