Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu April 10, 2014
Stephen Colbert Will Take Over 'Late Show'
Originally published on Thu April 10, 2014 10:38 am
Breaking news on CBS-TV's Twitter feed:
"Stephen Colbert to be next host of 'The Late Show'...press release coming"
On Thursday, CBS CEO Les Moonves called Colbert "one of the most inventive and respected forces on television."
In a CBS press release, Colbert says:
"Simply being a guest on David Letterman's show has been a highlight of my career. I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave's lead. ... I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."
The network adds that "Colbert's premiere date as host of The Late Show will be announced after Mr. Letterman determines a timetable for his final broadcasts in 2015."