Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon May 6, 2013
SPLAT! Gov. Christie 'Saved A Few School Children From Spider'
Originally published on Mon May 6, 2013 12:30 pm
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has a reputation for being tough. It was certainly on display Friday, when he "saved a few school children from a spider."
Christie even tweeted a video of the incident, which is making the rounds on the Internet today. The school kids are understandably concerned when they see the spider, but Christie solves the issue quickly, smashing the little bug with his bare hand.
The children cheer, but we just kept wondering: Who smashes bugs using just their hands. We would've used our shoe or at least used a napkin. What do you think? (The question will close in seven days.)
The People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals told Talking Points Memo that Christie took action without "pondering" the spider's "worth."
This incident brings to mind the time President Obama stealthily smashed a fly during an interview with CNBC.