Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Drought: Tulare County Is “Blazing The Trail For The Rest Of California”
- Despite Smart & Final Setback, Swearengin Says Blackstone Vision Remains Sound
- An Average Of 15,000 Fresno Homes Breaking Lawn Water Rules
- Fresno's Anti-Blight Ordinance Passes First Test
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 18, 2013
A Scoop of Peru In North Fresno
With the official start of summer just three days away, the Valley Public Radio news team decided to take our weekly meeting out of the the office and into North Fresno.
We landed at a restaurant with cuisine from the America’s south of the Hemisphere. The place: Limón Peruvian Cuisine.
Our meal was wonderful. Between the three of us we ordered a whole chicken spiced with citrus and herbs, sweet potato fries and a tasty sirloin, pea and mushroom risotto.
But the highlight was the secret that Valley Public Radio reporter Rebecca Plevin let us in on right as we were about to leave.
Limon makes their own ice cream and the flavors are all tropical.
The list of flavors include mango, strawberry and vanilla, but the more interesting were the subtropical Andean fruit lucuma and guanabana a tropical American evergreen tree bearing spiny, yellow-green fruit with tart edible pulp. Limon also whips up a cherimoya - a tropical fruit - flavored ice cream when it’s in season.
Needless to say we will be back and next time I may bring a date.
Limón Peruvian Cuisine
9455 N. Fort Washington. Suite # 101
Fresno, CA 93730
Business & Economy