Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri September 21, 2012
Record Soap Bubble Holds 181 people
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. There's a new king of pop. The Canadian performance artist Fan Yang set a Guinness record for number of people enclosed in a soap bubble. Yang burst the previous record by getting 181 people, arms at their sides, to resist the urge to poke the champion bubble as it slowly rose around them. The trick: a pulley system and 30 years of putting on bubble shows. He says you can try this at home with a mix of dish soap, glycerin and baking soda. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.