Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- California, Is It Time To Wave Goodbye To Your Front Lawn?
- Almond Milk Sales Skyrocket, But How Healthy Is It?
- Drought: Fresno County Lettuce Crop Cut In Half
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu July 31, 2014
Pushing A Brussels Sprout Up A Mountain — For A Cause
Originally published on Thu July 31, 2014 5:12 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. A British man is pushing a Brussel sprout up a mountain. It's in a good cause. Stewart Cottle has previously stalked the town on stilts and run in a human-sized hamster wheel to support cancer patients. His stunts have raised nearly $70,000. This challenge has been tough on his hands and knees. That is because he is pushing that sprout uphill with his nose. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.