Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu September 20, 2012
President Obama Crashes Iowa Wedding
Originally published on Thu September 20, 2012 4:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Des Moines couple learned of a sudden change to their wedding. WOI reports the president held a campaign rally at the same location. After that disruption, they received a gift bag with a silver tray and a note from Barack Obama. The newlyweds are not Democrats, but the groom says, love him or hate him, it's a gift from the president. He says the president should leave a lifetime tax exemption the next time he crashes a wedding, but that leads to a whole other story. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.