Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- California Lawmakers Consider Medical Interpreters Program For Second Time
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri August 10, 2012
Originally published on Sat August 11, 2012 8:07 am
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what will the Rover discover on Mars? Roy Blount Jr.?
ROY BLOUNT JR: Well it's kind of sad. We discover that Curiosity landed on the only cat on Mars.
SAGAL: Amy Dickinson?
AMY DICKINSON: Well, I've been looking for my car keys for a long time, so I'm hoping.
SAGAL: And Tom Bodett?
TOM BODETT: It'll find Waldo, the Beef, Carmen, San Diego and Obama's birth certificate.
CARL KASELL: Well, if the Mars Rover finds any of that, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!.
SAGAL: Thank you Carl Kasell. Thanks also to Roy Blount Jr,, Amy Dickinson, and Mr. Tom Bodett.
SAGAL: Thanks to Charles Beck, Kate Cox, and everyone at the Maine Public Broadcasting Network. Thanks to the staff and crew at the Merrill Auditorium, and thanks to this wonderful crowd here in Portland, Maine, and thanks to all of you for listening. I am Peter Sagal. We will see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: Peter: this is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.