Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed May 30, 2012
Planning Commission Rejects Jesse Morrow Mountain Mine
This afternoon the Fresno County Planning Commission rejected plans for a controversial hard rock mine on Jesse Morrow Mountain, on Highway 180 east of Fresno.
The vote had been delayed from a meeting in February, in which several hundred people spoke out against the plan. Residents today weighed in on the proposal from multinational mining company CEMEX, citing concerns about traffic, aesthetics and air quality.
The project will likely be appealed to the Fresno County Board of Supervisors.