Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri August 1, 2014
Pa. Man's Parting Message: 'Please Don't Email Me, I'm Dead'
Originally published on Fri August 1, 2014 4:14 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne. A Pennsylvania man has some last words for his friends. Please don't e-mail me, I'm dead. Kevin McGroarty left behind his own obituary. He died last week at the age of 53. As his obit' has it, after battling a long fight with mediocracy. He leaves behind no children. If he had, he would've been named Almighty Thor. And on his headstone, one of his favorite sayings in life, I'll be right back. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.