Most Active Stories
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
- Report: Groundwater Management Plans Need Significant Improvement
- Valley fever treatments can do harm as they heal
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu February 21, 2013
New Jersey Man Breaks Arcade Record
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with the triumph of George Leutz, who set a Guinness World Record at a New Jersey arcade. The newspaper, the Hunterdon County Democrat, says he played a single game of Q-bert for 84 hours and 48 minutes. Q-bert hasn't been hot in decades, but had advantages. He could get far ahead and drop the joystick to take a nap. He could play one-handed, using the other hand to eat. And at last he completed his lonely quest, which started on Valentine's Day. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.