Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Drought: Tulare County Is “Blazing The Trail For The Rest Of California”
- Despite Smart & Final Setback, Swearengin Says Blackstone Vision Remains Sound
- An Average Of 15,000 Fresno Homes Breaking Lawn Water Rules
- Fresno's Anti-Blight Ordinance Passes First Test
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue April 1, 2014
Red Sox Rock The White House With Flag Jacket And Presidential Selfie
Originally published on Tue April 1, 2014 10:08 am
As it turned out, Gomes was the only player who ended up coming decked out in red, white and blue. He certainly stood out as President Obama honored last year's World Series champions.
Reporters covering the event say the Red Sox gave the president a jacket just like the one Gomes was wearing.
Gomes said after the event that the president "approved" of his attire. "He looked me right in the eyes and said, 'Nice jacket,' " Gomes told the Boston Globe's Matt Viser and other reporters.
Meanwhile, the irrepressible designated hitter baseman David Ortiz got the president to pose for a group selfie with an "Obama" Red Sox jersey.