Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon March 4, 2013
Mom Saves Baby From Deadly Drop Out Of Window
Originally published on Mon March 4, 2013 10:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A woman in Spokane, Washington stepped out of the shower and into a moment of terror. Her 14-month-old boy was bouncing on the bed. He bounced out a half-open second-story window. She dove after the boy, smashed through the window, grabbed his foot as he was tumbling down the porch roof and lowered the kid safely to his grandma, who was smoking on the porch.
The mom then crashed into a bush. She's scraped up. The baby is fine.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.