Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Sun November 17, 2013
In the Mode: November 17, 2013
Alessandro Striggio was an Italian composer and Mantuan nobleman who split his time primarily between Mantua and Florence ruled by the Medicis, he was court composer and the Mass in 40 parts we’ll hear next time on In the Mode was a gigantic musical present from the Medicis to the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian II. He wrote this in 1566 and it was believed lost until University of California Berkeley Music Professor and Davitt Moroney found it in Paris recently.
CD title: Alessandro Striggio Mass in 40 parts
Performer: I Faglioni
CD label: Decca B0015655