Most Active Stories
- NASA Photos Document Drought's Toll On California Landscape
- State and Federal Agencies Announce Salmon Restoration Plans
- Madera County's 'French Fire' Burns In Sierra National Forest
- James Fallows: California's High Speed Rail Plan Is 'Better Than The Alternatives'
- Google's Self-Driving Car And Others Use Merced As A Landing Pad
Valley Public Radio Staff
In the Mode
Sun August 11, 2013
In the Mode: August 11, 2013
Vocal music by Henry Purcell next time on In the Mode. He lived only 36 years, but wrote a lot of incredible diverse music, considered the most original composer of his day. In his short time he worked in Westminster for 3 different kings, became organist at Westminster Abbey when he was 20. He died in 1695 and was buried beneath the organ there. I’m Kristina Herrick, please join me for some beautiful vocal music by Henry Purcell.
H. Purcell, Airs and Instrumental Capriccio Stravagante DHM 77252music. Howard Crook, tenor Purcell, Hail, Bright Cecilia Collegium Vocale harmonia mundi 901643 Ohhh…….Henry! Susan Rhode Morris, Phebe Craig DONSUEMOR 20601