Most Active Stories
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- Report: Groundwater Management Plans Need Significant Improvement
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Mon January 7, 2013
Mark Arax's "Big Valley" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, nationally recognized author and Fresno native Mark Arax reads his own story, "Big Valley." Arax describes much of our Central Valley -- its farms, cities, town, and neighborhoods. The story focuses primarily on agriculture in the San Joaquin Valley. He even takes us down to the popular agricultural fair in Tulare where they sell huge farm tractors for a quarter of a million dollars.