Most Active Stories
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Earlimart Pesticide Warrior Honored For Advocacy
- Porterville Developmental Center Beating Highlights Accountability Failures
- Supervisor Perea Envisions Break Between Fresno County, Community Hospitals
- In California, Some Deferred Action Youth Qualify for Health Care
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu January 3, 2013
Mackinac Island Worries About Preserving Main St.
Originally published on Thu January 3, 2013 3:47 am
Michigan's Mackinac Island was fought over by France, England and the United States. The 200-year-old city in northern Lake Huron is a popular tourist destination. But the demolition of old buildings has raised a fierce debate about how to hold onto the past while profiting from it.