Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu November 22, 2012
Listening To Service Members, Veterans
Since 2008, the oral history project StoryCorps has encouraged Americans to record an interview with a loved one on the day after Thanksgiving. It's become known as the National Day of Listening. This year, in conjunction with the launch of their Military Voices Initiative, the National Day of Listening is featuring conversations with veterans or those serving in the military. StoryCorps founder Dave Isay tells listeners about the military stories collected through the project and how lives change when someone listens.