Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri July 13, 2012
Lebanese Tire Of Protesters Using Tires
Originally published on Fri July 13, 2012 8:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. People in Beirut are sick of political protests across the country. Protesters have been blocking highways with burning tires. So there was only one thing to do. Yesterday, they held a protest using tires against protests using tires. Instead of burning the tires in the street, they painted the tires many colors. The protesters held up signs reading: We are tired. And a police officer refused to ticket them, saying, their tires are pretty. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.