Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- Failed Downtown Fresno Housing Project Leaves City Holding The Bag
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri August 17, 2012
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 8:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
As in much of the country, it's been a hot summer in the state of Oklahoma, and the heat has forced those without air conditioning to get creative.
Today's last word in business is a Scottish solution.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Mechanics at O'Brien Auto Performance are keeping cool in kilts. From May to October, some employees there don kilts to enjoy a breezier workday.
GREENE: The uniform has its challenges, though, since the mechanic often work underneath cars. Owner David O'Brien told KOTV it is important to keep your knees down and your legs crossed. OK.
Well, that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, NPR from News.
I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.