Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon November 12, 2012
Judy Garland's Blue Dress From 'Oz' Gets New Owner
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with news from the world of Oz.
(SOUNDBITE OF MOVIE, "THE WIZARD OF OZ")
JUDY GARLAND: (As Dorothy) There's no place like home.
MONTAGNE: There's a new home for the blue dress Judy Garland wore in the movie. We don't know exactly where, though, as it was an anonymous buyer who paid $480,000 for Dorothy's dress at an auction in Beverly Hills. Still, not the over-the-rainbow price paid last year for Marilyn Monroe's billowy white subway dress, which went for four-and-a-half million. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.