Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Drainage Key To Reported Deal Between Farmers And Feds
- New Program Could Mean End For UCSF- Fresno, Valley Children's Partnership
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri November 15, 2013
It's BatKid To The Rescue!
Miles Scott, 5, who in remission from leukemia, is having his wish to be “Batkid” granted by Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area and the city of San Francisco. If you’re on Twitter, you can follow the the hashtag #SFBatKid to see the updates, or you can watch the live stream.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation To Transform San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- See more photos (scroll down on the page)
ROBIN YOUNG, HOST:
And a quick note. In San Francisco, five-year-old Miles Scott, in remission from leukemia, is Batman today thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Meghna, I think he just rescued a woman tied up on the cable car tracks.
YOUNG: We'll link you to pictures at hereandnow.org. We heart San Francisco. From NPR and WBUR Boston, I'm Robin Young.
MEGHNA CHAKRABARTI, HOST:
I'm Meghna Chakrabarti. Holy radio show, Batman. This is HERE AND NOW.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "BATMAN THEME") Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.