Most Active Stories
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- 'Bumpy' California Enrollment Period Ends With Over 3 Million Health Care Sign-Ups
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri November 15, 2013
It's BatKid To The Rescue!
Miles Scott, 5, who in remission from leukemia, is having his wish to be “Batkid” granted by Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area and the city of San Francisco. If you’re on Twitter, you can follow the the hashtag #SFBatKid to see the updates, or you can watch the live stream.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation To Transform San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- See more photos (scroll down on the page)
ROBIN YOUNG, HOST:
And a quick note. In San Francisco, five-year-old Miles Scott, in remission from leukemia, is Batman today thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Meghna, I think he just rescued a woman tied up on the cable car tracks.
YOUNG: We'll link you to pictures at hereandnow.org. We heart San Francisco. From NPR and WBUR Boston, I'm Robin Young.
MEGHNA CHAKRABARTI, HOST:
I'm Meghna Chakrabarti. Holy radio show, Batman. This is HERE AND NOW.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "BATMAN THEME") Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.