Most Active Stories
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu September 22, 2011
Interview: Audra McDonald
Audiences throughout the world know Audra McDonald as a star of both the stage and screen, a three time Tony Award winner, a two time Grammy winner, and until recently a star on the hit ABC television series Private Practice. Her latest project finds her returning to the world of musical theatre, starring in a new production of Porgy and Bess, currently on stage in Cambridge Massachusetts, and scheduled to make its way to Broadway in December.
Audiences in California’s Central Valley know her not only for those achievements, but for her local roots, a graduate of Fresno’s Roosevelet School of the Arts, and an alumnus of Fresno’s Good Company Players. Audra McDonald returns to her hometown of Fresno on October 14th for a concert at the historic Warnor’s Theater, presented by the Fresno Grand Opera. Audra McDonald joined us from a studio at Harvard University to talk about her career, her new role in Porgy and Bess, and her upcoming visit to Fresno.