Most Active Stories
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- 'Bumpy' California Enrollment Period Ends With Over 3 Million Health Care Sign-Ups
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- California Bill Would Put English-only Instruction Back Before Voters
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 26, 2013
If You Must Fry A Turkey, Listen To William Shatner First
Originally published on Tue November 26, 2013 8:06 am
In our annual quest to keep Two-Way readers from burning down their homes on Thanksgiving, we once again round up videos about how to safely deep fry a turkey.
If you only wish to watch one, may we recommend Eat, Fry, Love: A Cautionary Remix, from the folks at State Farm? After all, who can resist William Shatner rapping?
For a more conventional attempt to scare you straight, there's this classic.
Still convinced you want to deep fry? Well, Food Network's Alton Brown has his method for doing it safely.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, "Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires." It discourages the use of "outdoor gas-fueled turkey fryers that immerse the turkey in hot oil."
Our friends at The Salt can tell you how to make that turkey, and lots of other foods, tasty.